June 14, 2013

New in: Beautiful Greens

The Emerald


Sweet Spring


Olive Brocade


Some details......






Meet three of my latest vintage darlings... all purchased at Episode stores. I don't know what it is, but I have been loving green over the last few months. The first dress is a classic fifties taffeta beauty with a beautiful bodice. Don't you just adore those pintucks? I can already see this dress being paired with a gorgeous stole, some pretty heals and a fitting vintage do (L) such love.....

The second dress is a clean fifties shaped kitten with a matching bolero. When I was trying this set on, random people in the store encouraged me to buy it. How could I refuse for a mere 29 euros....  I love the cute subtle print. I so feel like putting some minty green heels underneath this baby and strut about town!

Third but not least is this narrow fitted early sixties beau... At first I didn't pick this dress from the rack with antique beauties, it looked dull and shapeless. But when I roamed through all those ancient beauties for the second time, I started to wonder what the collar would look like once I tried it on.... BINGO! This dress was so so SO much more gorgeous on a body then it was on the hanger.... It goes without saying, and I am glad I reminded myself of this, never let a dress go unfitted even if it peeks your interest in the slightest!

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the first dress (that colour!) and the second one... beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all gorgeous - can't wait to see what outfits you put together with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How terrifically beautiful! Each of these dresses is a timelessly classic, elegant gem. Congrats on the latest (stunning!) additions to your vintage wardrobe, dear gal.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about trying out the dress to give it a chance:) I wish I could do this more often. Shopping in a vintage shop is much better than buying online:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you tell me the prices of dresses?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore brocade, and I love the all so much that I couldn´t pick one, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

... it makes my day!